How did eight roughneck, novice rowers make it to the Olympics? What does that say about an outsider’s perspective? And what does it tell us about building CX?
When insiders get wrapped up in the way things are, it takes an outsider to see how they could be. On this episode of Often Imitated we explore how outsiders find new and novel ways to win — and create great customer experiences.
- Experience: Building an outsider’s mindset and designing CX from scratch
- Inspiration: The 1936 US Olympic Rowing Team
- Modern Day Execution: Dustin Cohn, Head of Brand & Marketing at Goldman Sachs Consumer and Investment Management
- Transparency is key to a quality customer experience. If your customers have to spend valuable time and energy parsing through fine print, you’re not setting them up for success.
- It’s okay to go against the tried and true way of doing things. When you see an opportunity to meet customers where they are, lean in to your customer-first strategy rather than trying to match the movements of the rest of your industry.
- A small, focused team can produce an outsized impact when that team has a clear mission.
- “We start with simplification and transparency. That is absolutely fundamental to everything that we do. So, you won’t see any jargon or any asterisks in any of our messaging.”
- “What inspires us day in day out is being on the side of the consumer. That means constantly improving. Any sort of signals that shed light on an opportunity, we will absolutely take advantage of that.”
- “It has to be the consumer voice at the table that is the loudest. Sometimes that’s going to require really hard decisions in terms of shutting down certain technology or revamping a particular product, or redesigning an experience that may be a heavy lift for an organization But, ultimately that consumer should be all of our guiding light.”
Marcus by Goldman Sachs
This podcast is presented by Oracle CX.
Oracle CX helps you build lasting customer relationships, by making every interaction matter. From acquisition, to loyalty, and everything in between.
Build, protect, and differentiate your brand with Oracle. Learn more at oracle.com/cx.