There are few customer experiences more discouraging than reading the minibar prices in your hotel room. One of them being finding out you failed a test. What does the ritzy and glitzy world of hoteliers have in common with test taking? Let’s find out.
In this episode of Often Imitated, we hear from Mike Murphy about how the customer always being right is not only critical to your customer support, but also amping up your cx.
Experience: The customer is always right
Inspiration: César Ritz and his hotel empire
Modern Day Execution: Mike Murphy, Founder and CEO of ProctorFree
- Identify what trends are coming up when your “customer is always right”. Work to address those to proactively avoid them in the future.
- Customer support is the gateway to long lasting relationships.
- Deescalating situations quickly will positively increase both trust and cx.
- “If someone reaches out to us with a question or they’re having an issue, it’s our job to understand and triage the issue, and help them.”
- “I think about customer service from a point of we’re all consumers. We have positive and negative interactions with companies and brands. Do you want to be on the side of the ledger where it’s negative or do you want to be on this side of the ledger where it’s positive.”
- “Customer service and technical support is one of the easiest things to overlook, but also one of the easiest wins to develop long-term relationships.”
Mike Murphy LinkedIn
Thanks to our friends
This podcast is presented by Oracle CX.
Hear more executive perspectives on CX transformation at Oracle.com/cx/perspectives